Buyers will choose cheap led lights, but buyers don’t think about whether manufacturers of such cheap led lights can make products of high quality. After all, suppliers can’t do business at a loss. Let’s take led flood lights as an example, explain its cost.
How are those cheap led floodlights made? The cost of led floodlights mainly consists of three pieces – led beads, housing, and driver. If you want to make the lowest price, you can only work on these three aspects.
- Led beads: 1W lamp beads are sold for 2 cents. Why do they dare to sell them for two cents? The gold wire in the lamp bead is replaced by copper wire, and other raw materials are replaced by inferior materials, which consumers cannot perceive. And it is nominally 1W, but it may only be 0.5W when tested by equipment, and consumers generally do not test it.
- Housing: very thin material, the lamp body can not dissipate enough heat, the life of the product is shortened
- Driver: The price of low-quality drivers on the market is lower than you can imagine. I don’t know how many manufacturers of LED lights have closed down, and those who are irresponsible for making low-quality drivers for profit, but I don’t know how much money they make. .
In this way, the cost of good quality products and poor quality products will be very different, but from the surface appearance, it is difficult for customers to distinguish. After a period of use, there will be many big differences. For example: the brightness of the light, the temperature of the lamp body is very high, etc.
So, how to choose a good led floodlight? The following points are for reference:
- Led brightness is different, the price is different.
- Leds with strong anti-static ability have a long life and are therefore expensive. Usually leds with anti-static greater than 700V can be used for led lighting.
- Leds with the same wavelength have the same color. If the same color is required, the price will be high. It is difficult for a manufacturer without an led spectrophotometer to produce a product with pure color.
- Leakage current, led is a one-way conductive luminous body, if there is reverse current, it is called leakage current, led with large leakage current has short life and low price.
- Lighting angle, leds with different uses have different light-emitting angles. The special light angle is more expensive.
- Life, the key to different quality is life, life is determined by light decay. Low light decay, long life and high price.
- Chips, led light-emitting body is a chip, different chips, the price varies greatly. Chips in Japan and the United States are more expensive. Generally, the price of chips in Taiwan is lower than that of Japan and the United States, and the domestic ones are the lowest.
- Colloid, the colloid of ordinary led is generally epoxy resin, and the led with anti-ultraviolet and fire-retardant agent is more expensive. High-quality outdoor led lighting should be anti-ultraviolet and fireproof.
In terms of health, the price of products designed with non-toxic materials is higher, especially indoor led lighting. Don’t be greedy for cheap led lighting with peculiar smell. At present, only a few led manufacturers use non-toxic materials, which can be directly smelled with the nose. The price of odorless products is much lower than that of odorless products, which contain excessive lead, mercury, cadmium and other toxins. From the perspective of applicable environmental safety, led products with reliable dust-proof and moisture-proof design, and materials with fire-proof, UV-proof, and low-temperature cracking resistance are expensive.