What Affects the Lifespan of Outdoor Up and Down Lights?
Outdoor up and down lights are essential for any outdoor party or event. The life of the light depends on many factors such as the type, quality, and location of the light. The lifespan of an outdoor up and down light is dependent on several factors(important):
1. Led’s Quality: There are many types of led in the market now, we normally use the below types for our up and down wall lights, big chip size, and branded chip manufacturer, to make sure the led’s chip with a lifespan of up to 50,000 hours at least.
2. Heatsink: When up down outside lights are working, they will generate a lot of heat and the temperature is very high. If the heat is not removed in time, the lamp beads will burn out. Therefore, a large amount of heat-dissipating material is required to dissipate the generated heat. Aluminum is a good heat dissipation material with low cost.
Therefore, the aluminum material for heat dissipation must be thick enough to withstand the heat emitted by up down wall sconce when it is working.
3. Driver: Exterior wall lamp need to be driven to continuously provide a current with a relatively small fluctuation range, so that the life of the lamp will be long. Brand driver can do this easier, but the cost will be higher.
4. Protect IP: Normal IP65 if enough for outdoor use. The up down led wall light is installed on wall, not underwater place, so make it match IP65 standard, it is will be no problem.
How to Prolong the Lifespan of Outdoor Up and Down Lights?
The best way to extend the lifespan of your outdoor up and down lights is to make sure that they are properly maintained. Use the correct material.
In conclusion, there are three ways that you can prolong the life of your outdoor lighting. This includes:
– Good quality leds
– Thickness heatsink
– Brand or good quality drivers